Tickets are now on sale for the annual Island Roots Heritage Festival fundraising raffle. Grand prizes are a Go Pro Hero 3 Silver Edition with memory card, and an unlocked, 128GB iPad Air with WiFi and 4G LTE.
Tickets are $2 each, and will be available all this week at Curry’s Foods in Green Turtle Cay, and at the festival committee booth at Settlement Point May 1 and 2.
This year’s raffle is structured slightly differently than in the past. Instead of one draw for multiple prizes, there will be separate draws for each prize, enabling ticket buyers to choose which prize they’d like to win.
Winners will be announced Saturday night, May 2, at the festival main stage.
I’m proud to say that this year’s raffle prizes were purchased and donated by a group of Green Turtle Cay lovers and second homeowners including:
- Wanda and Billy Bennett of Bennett House
- Brad Johnson of Paradox
- Susan and Bill Kennedy of Turtle Dreams (VRBO Listing)
- Denise and Kevin McCauley of Domino Dreams
- Patti and Mike Mulligan, long-time GTC visitors
- Gayle Rogers, a GTC lover from Seattle
- Christi and Tom Sherouse of Long Bay House (VRBO Listing)
- Linda Waller, GTC lover and festival volunteer. (During the Island Roots festival, Linda will be hosting her annual Kentucky Derby party at Sundowner’s. Complete with mint juleps and bourbon balls, the event is a fundraiser for Every Child Counts, an Abaco school for students with learning, developmental or physical disabilities. Bring your fancy hat and don’t miss it!)
- Tom and me, from Fish Hooks.
It costs close to $50,000 to stage the Island Roots Heritage Festival, and all funds raised through the raffle will be used to defray these costs.
Please support the festival by buying as many tickets as you can!