If you’re in the market for a boat, our friends Louise and Claude have a deal for you. They’ve decided to sell their beautiful vessel, the Abobo Too.
Tom and I have long admired the Abobo Too, and we were glad to finally get to know her owners during a visit to Green Turtle Cay last winter. Though Claude and Louise are based in Nova Scotia, they and their two pooches, Fifi and Caramel, have spent many winters cruising the Bahamas.
After more than a decade of cajoling by their kids, however, they’ve decided to sell both their Nova Scotia home and the Abobo Too and move across Canada to Victoria, B.C., to be closer to family.
Built in Nova Scotia and launched in 2003, the Abobo Too has a wood epoxy hull and oak trim. She’s registered in the Bahamas and, during the off-season, is stored at Abaco Yacht Services on Green Turtle Cay. (The boat yard has guaranteed a space for the vessel if her new owner wants it.)
Here are some additional details:
- Length overall: 13.40 metres (44 feet)
- Length on deck: 12.20 metres (40 feet)
- Length waterline: 12.20 metres (40 feet)
- Draft: 0.95 metres (3 feet 2 inches)
- Beam: 3.70 metres (12 feet)
- 4 diesel fuel tanks — 2 tanks of 360 litres (90 US gal) and 2 tanks of 240 litres (60 US gal) — for a total capacity of 1200 litres (300 US gal)
- Drinking water – 2 tanks of 230 litres (50 gallons)
- Fly bridge
- Queen bed in forward cabin, additional accommodation for an adult on the settee in the main salon
- Kitchen includes a propane 3-burner stove and oven, microwave, Norcold Refrigerator Model N500.3 (2003) and stainless steel counters.
- Includes 10-ft Boatex Sailing Dinghy with 3.3 Hp Mercury outboard (2009), Kuuma B-B-Q with 5 lb propane tank (2012) and two 3-speed Raleigh folding bikes
- Asking price: $90,000
To be honest, if Tom and I weren’t midway through our Fish Hooks restoration, we’d seriously consider buying the Abobo Too. Sadly, the timing isn’t right for us. But we’d love to see her find a terrific new owner.
If you’re interested or you know someone who might be, email Claude at claude.l.lalonde (at) gmail.com or call (902) 748-1909 for more information.
P.S. Though I love boats, I know little about their inner workings and am therefore not able to answer questions or provide assurances related to the Abobo Too. Having said that, I’m sure Claude and Louise would be happy to provide full details and answer any questions you might have.
One thought on “For Sale: The Abobo Too”
Nice boat interior
hope you find good buyer